Traditional Cream Free Carbonara. Try Drive Up, Pick Up, or Same Day Delivery. As Alberto went on to tell us, traditional carbonara pasta from the Parma/Bologna region is made with eggs instead of cream, yet the result is a lusciously creamy and super addictive pasta sauce that will have you licking your plate clean and looking for seconds. It’s usually made with locally produced small goods such as guanciale or pancetta, but when cooking at home bacon is a super.
But do you know that the traditional Italian carbonara is cream free? It’s much healthier but also rich in taste. Traditional carbonara doesn’t have any cream in it. You can cook Traditional Cream Free Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional Cream Free Carbonara
- It’s 2 of whole egg, 1 egg yolk.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese power.
- You need 100 g of bacon cube, in French is Lardons.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s of Spaghetti for 2 people.
It’s creamy enough all on it’s own, just from the eggs and parmesan cheese. And hey, don’t get me wrong… there is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING wrong with a yummy pasta sauce made with cream – just not when it’s carbonara! However you make Carbonara, remember never to throw the eggs in full heat (i.e. directly in the frypan pan) as they will overcook and you’ll have scrambled eggs! They will cook just enough with the heat from the pasta in the bowl.
Traditional Cream Free Carbonara step by step
- Boil the water, cook the spaghetti according to the instruction on the package, in the mean while, prepare the sauce..
- Heat the pan, add a little bit oil, add the bacon, slowly cook the bacon with median heat until all the bacon oil has come out and bacon become brown and crispy, if you feel there are too much oil, get a kitchen pepper and remover some of them in the pan. In the mean time the spaghetti should be nearly cooked..
- Add the chopped garlic to the pan, cook it with bacon a little bit until the smell has come out, or you can choose to cook it a little bit more like until golden brown..
- Prepare the egg sauce, whisk eggs and egg yolk together, add Parmesan, salt, pepper. Mix them well together. This is the traditional carbonara sauce, its creamy, rich and healthy..
- Turn off the heat. Add freshly cooked spaghetti to the bacon pan(don’t add too much spaghetti water), remove the pan from the heat, quick stir to mix the spaghetti with the bacon, garlic and bacon oil.(finish this part in 15 second).
- 15 second after removed from the pan(get a perfect temperature, not too hot to cook the egg, not too cold to get soup noodle), quickly add the egg sauce to spaghetti, stir it quickly, prevent the scrambled egg:), you will get a creamy texture..
- Add additional Parmesan powder on the top as you like, and enjoy !.
Here I’ll show you how to make a Classic Carbonara that’s creamy, but doesn’t use cream. With a few simple ingredients this makes the perfect weeknight dinner!. In most regions of Italy, a traditional carbonara means zero cream. It is however quite simple to make a ‘creamy’ carbonara without using any cream. This [recipe] comes right from Italy.