Pasta Carbonara. Spaghetti Carbonara "I have never eaten so much pasta in one sitting. Spaghetti Alla Carbonara Tradizionali "This is the real deal; simply delicious." – Buckwheat Queen. Try adding tomatoes and spinach to traditional carbonara for some color!
While the pasta is still really hot, slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time. The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency. You can have Pasta Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- You need 1 pound of peppered bacon (from the butcher), cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- You need 1 cup of grated Romano cheese.
- You need 1 pound of pasta of your choice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, or to taste.
- You need 1 cup of reserved pasta water, more as needed.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and Parmesan until combined. This dish is a deli egg-bacon-and-cheese-on-a-roll that has been pasta-fied, fancified, fetishized and turned into an Italian tradition that, like many inviolate Italian traditions, is actually far less old than the Mayflower Because America may have contributed to its creation, carbonara is Exhibit A in the back-and-forth between Italy and the United States when it comes to food Remember: the. Luscious and wonderfully indulgent, pasta carbonara takes as long to make as it does to cook the pasta.
Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Cook bacon until it has reached desired crispiness..
- Whisk eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Romano cheese, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Set aside..
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but slightly firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water..
- Combine 1 cup of reserved pasta water and drained pasta with the bacon; stir to combine..
- Slowly pour egg mixture into the pasta mixture; cook, stirring constantly until the egg mixture forms a thick sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Serve with parsley and enjoy!.
The ingredients are simple—just spaghetti (or other long pasta), and the carbonara is made with pancetta or bacon, eggs, Parmesan, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid into reserved egg mixture, then very slowly stream into Dutch oven, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and egg is thickened to form a glossy sauce. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta. Toss rapidly to coat the pasta without cooking the egg. Remove the pan from the heat and add a big handful of cheese, lots of pepper and a little salt.