Ham Cheese and Avocado French Toast. The Best Avocado Cheese Toast Recipes on Yummly Avocado and Goat Cheese on Toasted BreadMadeleine Cocina. A ham and cheese sandwich, dipped in egg and cooked like french toast to perfect golden brown, buttery perfection.
These warm sandwiches are made with cheese-stuffed French bread that is dipped into a savory egg mixture, then I love to serve this easy breakfast recipe with a side of young persian cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes and sliced avocado. Be a little less basic with this upgraded ham and cheese avocado toast. With that being said, there's nothing wrong with switching it up every so often. You can cook Ham Cheese and Avocado French Toast using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham Cheese and Avocado French Toast
- It’s 4 slices of bread.
- You need 2 slices of cheese or to taste (I used colby jack cheese).
- You need 2 slices of ham or to taste.
- Prepare 1 of avocado pitted and cut into thin slices.
- You need 2 tbsp of pickled jalapeno chopped (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
At only four ingredients and four steps, this upgraded ham and cheese avocado toast makes for a super easy breakfast or snack. Ham and cheese are a sandwich classic. Stuffed between two pieces of bread into a little parcel dipped in French toast mix and fries make it an even better sandwich. Fill it with a number of different options but ham and cheese is one of our favourites!
Ham Cheese and Avocado French Toast instructions
- Crack two eggs into a shallow plate and whisk for about 10 seconds. Set aside..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Spread some mayonnaise to one side of each slice of bread. Then, assemble the sandwich by putting ham, cheese, jalapeno and avocado in between two slices of bread..
- Dip the both sides of the sandwich in egg mixture, each side for about 3 seconds. Put the sandwiches inside the fryer basket..
- Spritz some oil onto the sandwiches and air fry at 380F (190C) for 8-10 minutes, flip once in the middle, until the surface is golden brown..
While bread toasts, mash avocado and season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with half of the cheese, the ham and then the remaining cheese. What cheese would you recommed to go well with the avocado? Should I add any cheese at all? Also, I plan on making this a toasted sandwich, so meltability it key as well.