Mincemeat Pie. Recipe of the Day Apple Mincemeat Pie. Use a couple of cups of mincemeat plus some apples and ready-made crusts to make a very tasty, easy pie perfect for fall and winter. Mincemeat is a classic pie flavor that traditionally contains fruit, pecans, brandy and citrus zest.
Paired with apples and brandy in this recipe, it’s a delicious holiday dessert pie. Mincemeat or mince pie is a British delicacy for the holiday season that traces back to the kings and queens of the Middle Ages, or even earlier. The recipe was developed as a way to preserve meat, such as mutton or beef, without salt or smoke. You can have Mincemeat Pie using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat Pie
- It’s of Stuffings.
- Prepare 1 can of Jam.
- You need 16 of Rasberries.
- Prepare of Pastry.
- It’s 375 grams of Plain Flour.
- You need 260 grams of butter.
- You need 125 grams of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk (add more if needed).
- It’s of Icing Sugar.
Taste of Home has the best mincemeat pie recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Walnut Mincemeat Pie As a cold and tasty finishing touch, my husband and I usually put a dip of ice cream on top of our mincemeat pie slices. A friend gave me this recipe for mincemeat many years ago. It is so good that even those who do not care for mincemeat pie likes it.
Mincemeat Pie step by step
- Place the flour and Sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Take the butter and chop it roughly into cubes.
- Add the butter to the flour and sugar and rub together using your fingertips until you find it to be in a crumbly consistancy..
- Now add the milk and mix together until it looks fairly like a dough..
- Tip it out on a lightly floured surface and mix until it all comes together.
- Preheat the oven @ 200-220°C or @ gas 7..
- Using a Round cutter(around 10cm), cut 16 bases and spread them out in a muffin tray.
- Fill the base 3/4 of jam and put a berry on top :).
- Re-roll the pastry and cut out 7cm lids, then press the sides of the base and the lid together to seal..
- Mark an X on top of the pies and Bake them for 15-20 mins or until golden brown..
- Leave them to cool down for about 2-5 mins before taking them out of thier trays or else they’ll fall apart..
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, Serve and Enjoy!.
If preferred, use molasses instead of sorghum. Also, apricot juice can be substituted for the pineapple juice. A mince pie (also mincemeat pie in New England, and fruit mince pie in Australia and New Zealand) is a sweet pie of English origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called “mincemeat”, that is traditionally served during the Christmas season in much of the English-speaking world. Mincemeat pie, also called mince pie, has occupied a prominent place on Britain’s holiday table for centuries and that tradition continues today. Mincemeat Pie has been my favorite holiday pie since I was a little girl (that was awhile ago).