Whole Wheat M&M Oatmeal Cookies. The Best Whole Wheat Bread Recipe. This healthy whole wheat bread has the best flavor, with a touch of honey. The bread is incredibly soft, and I can never resist eating a slice warm from the oven.
This time, we made Whole Wheat M and M Cookies. We love Bob's Red Mill grains, having lived in Oregon almost all of our lives, so they are a staple in our home! I love how you can use different size scoops, depending on how many cookies you want to bake! You can have Whole Wheat M&M Oatmeal Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat M&M Oatmeal Cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cups of rolled oats.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of M&Ms.
Of course, adjust the baking time if you make larger. Add the oil, sugar, molasses, salt and remaining water. If you want a refined sugar free, whole wheat banana bread, try my Healthy Banana Bread. This whole wheat bread recipe makes two loaves of perfectly soft and fluffy homemade brown bread.
Whole Wheat M&M Oatmeal Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 F..
- Melt butter in the microwave. Approximately 30 seconds on high. Melting the butter is important because whole wheat flour is pretty heavy compared to all purpose flour..
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl..
- Add egg, vanilla, salt and baking powder. Mix well..
- Add whole wheat flour. Mix until a dough forms..
- Mix in rolled oats..
- Add M&Ms. The dough might be a little heavy so you may find it easier to mix using your hand..
- Roll into 1.5 inch balls and set on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Press lightly on each ball to flatten out slightly. I prefer my cookies to be fairly thick..
- Bake for 16 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown..
It's an easy bread recipe you will make again and again! I love making my bread from scratch. I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a nerd that way. Slicing into a loaf of bread, fresh from the oven, makes me happy. It is always so fresh and the best tasting wheat bread I have ever had!